Re: phpFreeChat uses xajax

cool

but point 3 doesn't work on Safari

Is there a way to ban everybody but a group of people? or password protect rooms?

I guess I could link directly to rooms?

First of all, please use the phpfreechat forum for such help wink

- I will look at the safari problem soon, thank you for the report.
- I didn't implement user's or channels's metadata which will make possible these kind of things. Currently you can't create a 'private' (protected by password) channel

Hello,
I have downloaded the phpfreechat and it works fine and you did a great job..
I had tried to develop my own chat using xajax..and was successful in developing a public chat for my website.
I also wanted to implement a private chat also. But i was having difficulties in that when I found this chat smile
and I am now working on customizing this chat.
Great work kerphi  cool

I would like to know one thing on how do you open a tab for private chat when a user initiates a private chat with another online user.?

xajaxnew wrote:

I would like to know one thing on how do you open a tab for private chat when a user initiates a private chat with another online user.?

I use a internal command queue that I called "cmdtoplay", I just append a "/privmsg nicknamewhospeaktome" to this internal queue when a user talk to another by private chat.

Thank you for your reply..
I was not well for some days that was why the delay..
I will look on what you said...

I released 1.0-beta7.

This release fixes lot of bugs, adds nicknames metadata that make possible to display customized informations on the client side (eg. a gold shield icon for the admins, users avatars ...), and improve the default theme appearance.

Don't hesitate to try it and download it.

I released 1.0-beta8.

This release adds sound notifications, new /invite  command, a new mysql container, and new translations (Esperanto, Romanian, Armenian, Bangla). Some small optimisations were done on the file container (wait for the next release for stronger optimizations). It also fixes some bugs : directories with 777 rights were not browsable on special servers (755 rights is better), and the chat was broken on special windows servers.

I released 1.0-beta9 which uses xajax 0.5 beta1.

This release changes the manner how the chat is loaded: styles and html structure are now loaded by ajax calls. Thanks to this improvement, the chat is easier to integrate because printStyle() and printJavascript() function are removed, you just need to call printChat() in your html body where you want the chat appears. This release also integrate lot of optimizations, lot of bug fixes and some new translations.