Topic: xajax 0.6

Oh I think I am going to die... - my patience has value below 0 - I can not wait any more for new release... wink

But serious - it is very intriguing how much web application can seed up thanks to JSON instead XML in response data.

Best regards to Xajax Team,
Artur

2 (edited by arturl 2009-12-07 11:35:19 PM)

Re: xajax 0.6

Hi smile

Have anyone informations how looks the future of this project ?
It is dropped by Developers, or new release is still under construction, or maybe next release will be commercial - any piece of information, please ?

Regards,
Artur

Hi Arthur,

the project isn´t dropped, but Joe has a new "fulltime" job and Steffen and me, we ar both Webdeveloper with too much work ...
I told yesterday with Steffen, the changes in the trunk (which will be the 0.6 release) is imho a stable version. I´ve use this the whole year in a new project and a don´t have any problems with it so we should try to release it asap.

Greets Oliver

4 (edited by arturl 2009-12-08 12:03:17 PM)

Oliver,
   thank You very much for the answer smile
It is very important information to me that this great project is still alive smile and I believe for many other developers to smile
Now I am working on my personal project with xajax - after working hours (for Oracle corp.), nights - I understand what this effort means: work, family and passion... to do something more smile
When I will get some benefits after my project starts, I want to donate this project smile
I can write many words how this idea, project is great and how much helps in development but I believe You just know it smile

Best regards,
Artur

Hi Artur,

Oliver just pointed me to this topic. I'm really sorry for the lack of presence. We have an almost finished 0.6 release in the trunk for a while now, but unfortunately the financial crisis didn't affect my company and everything is running a bit too well here. I'm swamped wink As Oliver already said, CtC is also pretty busy and so we kinda messed things  up a bit here. (If someone is selling time, let me know!)

This year is almost over and the holidays are very close. I can't promise anything for the end of this year, but I'm sure we'll be able to put everything together in January.

The current version in trunk is PHP 5 strict, supports JSON as well as the old XML responses and contains some other minor improvements. CtC was going to add some more htmlControls but since that idea is becoming a bit too big we'll leave it out for 0.6 and might maintain it separately later. Oliver, feel free to add anything I forgot here wink Have to read the trunk again to remember all changes we made so far. smile

I feel a warm sensation in my belly. I've been using Xajax for over a year now and it's still my most preferred AJAX framework as a PHP developer.
PHP 5 Strict mode and JSON support will most probably only make Xajax more accessible to more and more developers.

Hi Steffen,

thank You very much for the replay. I see the January will be very exciting to me smile !
I understand, that programming skills of Xajax Team became not only from talents but from wide practice - and it needs a lot of time....
But from the moment, when I am using Xajax I can not imagine the old times, when a websites was created with links, href-s and gets...
I am very happy that this project is not going to be closed - the web reality is going to be so very interesting, like HTML5, persistent web connections, modern browsers with fast JS etc.

Best regards, have a wonderful holidays and happy New Year to Xajax Team,
Artur

q_no wrote:

This year is almost over and the holidays are very close. I can't promise anything for the end of this year, but I'm sure we'll be able to put everything together in January.

Lets hope so smile

q_no wrote:

The current version in trunk is PHP 5 strict, supports JSON as well as the old XML responses and contains some other minor improvements. CtC was going to add some more htmlControls but since that idea is becoming a bit too big we'll leave it out for 0.6 and might maintain it separately later. Oliver, feel free to add anything I forgot here wink Have to read the trunk again to remember all changes we made so far. smile

Does this version also include a better way of handling the debug results? Aka, a way to send the debug to a div, instead off this &é@"! popup screen ( it gets kinds off bothersome getting a few hundred off those pop-up screens, when there are no errors to report. Or always having to deal with enabling / disabling the debug all the time. )?

It will be nice, that i can stop suppressing all those PHP5 warning comming from xajax ( also remember q_no, php5.3 has even more fun with ereg, and other warnings wink ).

I'm using Xajax since 2006 and was very pleased by the features. Today I'm still using it for my latest projects, and was (as many others) wondering when the new release would be ready. But I still why should I? It still covers my needs, so why should I switch?

JSON support would be nice, and a "cleaner" debug interface method. Apart from that there's nothing on my wishlist.

Anyway; It's good to know that the project is still alive (and kicking).

The debug to DIV is implemented in the latest svn trunk and it`s awesome.

And the winner is... time unfortunately sad

With some modifications i have 0.6 running. It is quite stable, altough, and maybe its a bug in firebug, but i can't see the ouput done by xajax anymore.

but nevertheless.. it is running.
Don't know if we are priviledged to do a  submit on the svn repository.

Where i can get the source for xajax 0.6 for testing? I have searched the site + sourceforge, but no download found

Hi,

It is in the SVN trunk.  See this page:

http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&am … _id=139736

Ed

If you ever stop learning you may as well dig a hole, crawl in and pull the top over yourself.

edrobinson wrote:

Hi,

It is in the SVN trunk.  See this page:

http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&am … _id=139736

Ed

Sorry but as i can see, there is only 0.5beta?, 0.5rc? and 0.5stable available. Where is the 0.6beta?

16 (edited by edrobinson 2010-02-24 6:11:23 PM)

Look at the stuff in the trunk. It has been altered to PHP 5 strict. I'm not certain everything has been altered in all of the files, however.

I tried it in a production app with no problems...

Ed

If you ever stop learning you may as well dig a hole, crawl in and pull the top over yourself.

Ed,

if you have no issue you're a lucky guy. I found a bug in the trunk (558)!

In my (test) configuration magic_quotes_gpc is switched on (php 5.2.8), this causes to the __argumentStripSlashes in xajaxArgumentManager to be invoked for each xjxargs.
The first argument in __argumentStripSlashes is not the reference to the array entry, but it should (now the value in the array is not changed).

The code should look like this:

private function __argumentStripSlashes(&$sArg)
{
    if (false == is_string($sArg))
        return;

$sArg = stripslashes($sArg);
}

So trunk users be were!

Sven

And this is all in this project ?
I can not believe it....

"it cannot be... real..."