Topic: What is the status of the Comet plugin?

Is the comet plugin still available and working?

I went here:

www.xajaxproject.org/developer/q_no/Comet/comet.php

and received a lot of errors:

configure("javascript URI","xajax/"); $xajax->register(XAJAX_FUNCTION,"testComet",array("comet" => true)); $xajax->register(XAJAX_FUNCTION,"testNormal"); $xajax->register(XAJAX_FUNCTION,"testSync",array("mode" => "'syncronous'")); $xajax->configure('responseType','XML'); $xajax->processRequest(); $xajax->autoCompressJavaScript(false,true); $xajax->autoCompressJavaScript("./xajax/xajax_plugins/response/comet/comet.js",true); $_SESSION['counter'] = 0; function testComet () { $objResponse = new xajaxCometResponse(1); for ($i=1;$i<=3 ;++$i) { $objResponse->assign("progress","style.width",($i*5)."px"); $objResponse->assign("streaming","innerHTML",($i*5).'%
'); $objResponse->flush(); } $objResponse->assign("progress","style.width",($i*5)."px"); $objResponse->assign("streaming","innerHTML",($i*5).'%
'); $objResponse->alert("finished process at ".($i*5)."%."); return $objResponse; } function testNormal() { $objResponse = new xajaxResponse(); $objResponse->append("debug","innerHTML","standard XHR request
"); return $objResponse; } function testSync() { $objResponse = new xajaxResponse(); $objResponse->setReturnValue('Hello'); return $objResponse; } ?>

Re: What is the status of the Comet plugin?

I've moved the entire website to a new server. the old example page was written with PHP 5.2. in mind and is currently broken. The comet plugin is available at github in the current master branch. smile