1 (edited by dynatos 2007-06-24 3:56:46 PM)

Topic: Xajax forum quick request

Is it possible to make the getting started and troubleshooting sections of the forum require login to post? There are so many drug/sex/car ads (as i'm sure all of us have just shaken our heads at).

echo (!$cowbell ? "need more cowbell" : "need more cowbell");

Re: Xajax forum quick request

Yeah, the spam gets bad... and I would like all areas controlled by login... but I don't have access to change the settings.  Perhaps we can convince the admin to change it?

xajax Developer
Connect to me on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/calledtoconstruct

perhaps smile as long as you don't require login to view information then the forum is still a huge resource. I think 99% of people would expect to have to create an account to get help or post - let alone be turned off by it.

But possible the "final 0.5 Beta 3 and new Web site" will have this in store for us? Or is there something the 'xajax following' can help/contribute for this?

At this time, I'm working on filling in the documentation (code comments that will be converted to only API documentation).  We'll have a beta 3 release available pretty soon if the alpha testing continues to go as well as it has.

As far as contributions?  Best thing to do is to hang out in IRC and see what comes up. smile  We've had some good discussion lately... and there are some things that come up from time to time.

// Joe

xajax Developer
Connect to me on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/calledtoconstruct

BTW:

That is wrong because if you didn't have a cowbell in the first place you could not ask for more only for any.
So that should be:

echo (!$cowbell ? "need cowbell" : "need more cowbell");

Have a cowbelling good weekend,

Pedro A.

it's a play off of a US tv show - look up SNL and cowbell, you might find what i mean..