Topic: Xajax 0.6 beta1
We are happy to announce the Beta1 release of Xajax 0.6. This releases focusses primarily on PHP 5.3 compatibility and performance improvements. We removed all legacy functions and classes from Xajax 0.5 and added JSON support for requests as well as responses.
- removed deprecated legay functions and classes
- STRICT support in PHP5
- removed XML parser in xajaxArgumentManager
- updated constructors
- renamed loadcommands() to appendResponse()
- subsequent script/append commands are merged
- JSON response type now default ($xajax->configure('responseType','XML' [or] 'JSON');)
- request parameters are passed as JSON and not as XML
The new JSON response types current works only work with UTF8 encoded responses. Any malformed commands will result in an empty response.
Feature requests, suggestions and bug reports are very welcome.