Topic: ¿Xajax is dead?

Hola!

Xajax is for me the best piece of software to ajax, I've used in several projects.

But ¿Is dead?, I mean,  long wait is 0.6 beta 2, I'm dying to try json in others encodings big_smile

I thank the developer of this project. Greetings.

Re: ¿Xajax is dead?

Well, from the looks of it, xajax has been dying for a few years.

There is little left of the initial momentum from the 0.2 version. Lots of idea's have show up over the year, but ...

Its a shame as xajax is a unique project, but compared to the other projects, xajax has the problem its serving a very small market these days.

Building a new framework, and while xajax works perfectly in it, jquery and other ajax systems look more "future proof".

What if there is a critical exploit in the code? It takes year to go from any official version, and that scares me... Official support is little to none these days, so yea. Not looking good.

You can't leave this project!  I depend on it. I'm worry about to find that one day it will stop to work on new browsers or new PHP editions. Please don't leave this great solution, I have all my projects based on it, I love it. ¿What do you need, money? Then start to charge for the new releases.

You can't leave this project!  I depend on it. I'm worry about to find that one day it will stop to work on new browsers or new PHP editions. Please don't leave this great solution, I have all my projects based on it, I love it. ¿What do you need, money? Then start to charge for the new releases.

Well I'm a developer and I'm familiar with Xajax, and am ready and willing to get this thing rolling again even if just by myself.

MeMReS,

Welcome and thanks the offer of help.

I would be willing to help as well. I have looked at the xajax code enough to feel comfortable with it.

Now the question is what is wanted now and what needs to be done for the future.

Ed

If you ever stop learning you may as well dig a hole, crawl in and pull the top over yourself.

Hey,

Nice to hear from you!

I'm also happy to help if I can.

Guilherme Filho