Topic: dynamic row with onChange event

hello, i have a xajax generated row in my master-detail page, and each row contains a number of column field. one field contains a javascript event which is causing me problem when i delete a row. after deleting a row, i re-arrange the remaining rows' indexes. but the contents inside the javascript are not reflecting. here's a part of the code.

when adding the row,

function add_pur_row($table_id, $data, $form_id)
{
$id = $data['next'];

$obj = new xajaxResponse();
$obj->create($table_id,'tr','row_'.$id);
$obj->create('row_'.$id, 'td', 'txt_qty'.$id);
$obj->assign('txt_qty'.$id, 'innerHTML','<input type="text" id="qty_'.$id.'" name="qty_'.$id.'" style="width:50px;" onChange="compute_net_cost(this.value,document.getElementById(\'cost_'.$id.'\').value,\'net_cost_'.$id.'\');" value='.$data['input_qty'].'>');
}

when deleting the row,
function delete_pur_row($id, $data, $form_id
{
            $obj = new xajaxResponse();

$obj->remove('row_'.$id);

//reorder row #           
            $row_length = $data['next'];
            //$obj->script('alert('.$row_length.')');
            $current_id = $id;

for ($i = $id + 1; $i < $row_length ; $i++) {
                 $obj->assign('row_'.$i, 'id', 'row_'.$current_id);
                               $obj->assign('txt_qty'.$i, 'id', 'txt_qty'.$current_id);
                 $obj->assign('qty_'.$i, 'name', 'qty_'.$current_id);
                $obj->assign('qty_'.$i, 'id', 'qty_'.$current_id);            
                 $obj->assign('qty_'.$i, 'value', 'qty_'.$current_id);
                 $obj->script('qty_'.$current_i, 'onChange', 'compute_net_cost(this.value,document.getElementById(\'cost_'.$current_id.'\').value,\'net_cost_'.$current_id.'\');');
                        }
}

am i using the $obj->script syntax correctly? i haven't find any related post from the web regarding this.

thanks very much for any help.

jina

Re: dynamic row with onChange event

Hi,

The script function takes a single string argument. I like to use double quotes so I can use single quotes without escaping them and I can use php variables as well.

btw $obj->alert('message string') so you don't need to script an alert.

Ed

If you ever stop learning you may as well dig a hole, crawl in and pull the top over yourself.

hello ed,

thanks for the reply and the tip of using double quotes.

re my problem, so it should be,
$obj->script("compute_net_cost(this.value,document.getElementById(\'cost_'.$current_id.'\').value,\'net_cost_'.$current_id.'\');");

i want it to be reflected to the input element [qty_$current_id] as onChange event. the change is the cost_$current_id and net_cost_$current_id since a row is deleted.

thanks again!

jina

That should work but with the double quotes you do not need to escape the single quotes.

$obj->script("compute_net_cost(this.value,document.getElementById('cost_$current_id').value,net_cost_$current_id);");

When you use double quotes php replaces the $variable names with their values.

If you ever stop learning you may as well dig a hole, crawl in and pull the top over yourself.

Hello, the $obj->script is not working.

i think i'll rephrase my question.

i have this dynamically xajax-added row,

<input type="text" id="text_1" name="text_1" onChange="compute(this.value, document.getElementById('amt_1');">
<input type="text" id="text_2" name="text_2" onChange="compute(this.value, document.getElementById('amt_2');">

when row1 has been deleted, the second row becomes row 1, so
<input type="text" id="text_2" name="text_2" onChange="compute(this.value, document.getElementById('amt_2');">
supposedly should become
<input type="text" id="text_1" name="text_1" onChange="compute(this.value, document.getElementById('amt_1');">,
but what happened is
<input type="text" id="text_1" name="text_1" onChange="compute(this.value, document.getElementById('amt_2');">

i couldn't get to change the onChange script. i used the following syntax to change the id and name index, but cannot change the onChange script index.
$obj->assign('text_'.$i, 'name', 'text_'.$current_id);
$obj->assign('text_'.$i, 'id', 'text_'.$current_id);   

any ideas?

thanks a lot!

Try using the response object setEvent() method.  $resp->setEvent($id, $event, $script);
There is also a removeHandler() method. $resp->removeHandler($id, $event, $script);

Take a look at the docs and tutorials page...

Ed

hello ed,

thanks a lot for the $resp->setEvent tip!!! it does work now. thank you!

thou i don't understand much what's the removeHandler for? did you mean clearEvents?

docs and tutorials page is kinda hard to use. i wouldn't know what or where to look for my problem. but thanks to you!!

regards,
jina

Remove handler removes an event handler from an element.

If you have an onclick handler on a button remove handler can disassociate the handler from the button.

Ed