Topic: xajax and form_validation in codeigniter

Hello I'm a fan of the xajax project, and where I can use it in my projects to avoid javascript or complex jquery, I use it. I recently started an application with HMVC Codeigniter, and I have managed to couple Codeigniter + xajax + bootstrap. Here is a link to download the Zip file: http://kristdev.com/myworks/downloads/h … tstrap.zip.
But I have a problem for a form. I would like to use the submit event on my form instead of 'onclick' on the button. When I use it, the page reloads. How can i fix it?
The second problem is that I want my xajax function of the controller reads $this-> input-> post () from view. How can i do it?
Thanks for your reply back

Re: xajax and form_validation in codeigniter

Do you have onSubmit="return false;"  in your form definition?  That stops the form posting.  However to user the $this->input->post() I think you would have to add a little extra and do:
onSubmit="xajax_function(xajax.getFormValues());return false;"

Ok, i put now return false, and page doesn't reload. It's good, first have been fixd but my controller doesn't read values given by $this-> input-> post (). Have you already tested it?

The "return false" stops the page submitting, so you need to provide another method to get the data over to your controller.  I'm afraid I don't do anything with CodeIgniter, so I can't be much help with that.

Alright, Thanks. So which method else do i need? I don't want to send values of form? but the name of form.